The Park Avenue Mansion presents
Murder Mystery Weekends at the Mansion
St. Louis is one of the oldest and largest cities in Missouri... and also the bloodiest.
A horrible crime has just been committed. Do you have what it takes to solve it?
Introducing Murder Mystery Weekends at The Park Avenue Mansion B & B in St. Louis, MO.
You are cordially invited to a weekend filled with merriment and suspense as you help catch a murderer. But think twice... it could be you! You and your guests participate in our mysteries. You may be invited to a 1870 Victorian Mansion, or a vineyard, or a 1920's Chicago Speakeasy, or some other intriguing place in the past or modern times...
In the process of removing suspicion from yourself, you question or point to others with motive and opportunity. Everyone becomes part of a mystery with unusual characters, unusual names and unusual liars with scripted parts. All the characters have hidden secrets, motives and opportunity. The murderer doesn't even know until the end!
Your character description and some background information on the party will be mailed to you 7 - 10 days prior to the weekend, which will give you some time to read and learn about who you are playing, and get costuming for your part. All guests must keep secret their "character information" and any other information sent to you, even from partners or spouses! Questions will be asked and clues will be revealed during conversation with the other characters.
You will arrive at the Friday night cocktail party in character costume. You are now one of the characters in the unfolding drama. While enjoying some light refreshment Friday night before going out to dinner, you can meet and interview your friends who have now taken on a new identity. They will hold additional information that might help you solve the mystery. After the cocktail party, you are on your own to enjoy dinner in our wonderful neighborhood or perhaps a dinner somewhere else close by. Ask us for suggestions!
After a delectable breakfast Saturday morning, you finally begin to really discover who's who, learn their pasts, and find out what their motives might be. On Saturday evening, you will enjoy a cocktail, and then attend an exquisite four/five course gourmet dinner and celebration reigns! Of course, we should continue with the solving of this horrendous crime!
Over dessert, you will witness a suspense-filled climax that ties all the pieces together, with the murderer (or murderers) exposed and arrested.
Prices - Our January mysteries are always discounted (for next year, remember that they make great Christmas gifts!) down to only $75 per person plus the cost of the double occupancy room. Other mysteries throughout the year are $100 per person plus the room. Please call for availability. Must have at least 8 people to participate. An 8.491% sales tax and 15% gratuity will be added to the ticket prices.
If you and your friends or co-workers (a minimum of four couples) wish to schedule your private Murder Mystery Weekend at a specific date, please contact us. We will be glad to host your private "Murder" weekend if we are available! (Note: We can also partner with other B&B's in town and accommodate larger groups. Call us for more details).
How do you do it?
- You will need a group of at least 4 - 5 couples;
- Choose a date for your weekend and call for reservations. Requires at least 2 weeks advance notice.
- We will send you the information about each of the story lines - character descriptions and costume suggestions (don't share your character information with anyone, including your spouse or partner).
- You assign the parts to your friends;
- Then you provide us with the names, mailing addresses and character assignment;
- We will send everyone an invitation and then their assignments;
- For all this work, the host/hostess gets first choice of rooms. The Fleur de Lis Suite is not available for Murder Mystery unless all rooms are reserved.
IN SHORT, SEE BELOW FOR TIMETABLES AND SUGGESTED MENUS:
ACT ONE Friday night
Introduction to the mystery. All characters in costume. Festivities begin at 6:30 pm.
ACT TWO Saturday morning
This takes place starting at 9 am Saturday, and usually concludes by 10:00 am. Costumes are optional. Guests are free to spend the day at leisure, hunting clues and exploring the area.
ACT THREE Saturday Evening, before dinner or cocktails
Everyone is asked to convene in the front parlour by 7:30 pm. Costumes are mandatory, and group pictures will be taken. Laughter abounds as the plot thickens.
ACT FOUR Saturday Evening, during dinner
Wonderful gourmet food is always a highlight of the Park Avenue, and this dinner is no exception. Enjoy entrees such as Roasted Balsamic Pork Loin, Beef Wellington, or Chicken Picatta, as characters unleash their final bombshells.
ACT FIVE During Dessert Saturday Evening or Sunday Morning Breakfast
Prior to breakfast, guests must cast their votes for "whodunnit", as well as Best Actor and Best Costume. Answers are revealed at the conclusion of the meal. Prizes will be awarded.
SAMPLE Fall/Winter Dinner Menu:
- Hot & Cold Hors d'oeuvres
- Spicy Butternut Squash Soup OR Caesar Salad with roasted garlic croutons
- Balsamic Roasted Pork Loin OR Lemony Chicken Piccata with capers and herbs
- Roasted Garlic & Red Skin Smashed Potatoes
- Green Beans Almandine or Honey-orange Baby Carrots glazed with Gran Marnier
- Homemade bread or rolls with Sweet-cream Butterballs
- Coffee and/or Herbal Tea
- Chocolate Decadence or Chef's Choice
- Champagne to celebrate the Murder Mystery Players — our compliments!